ATA Webinar – Transcreation in Video Game Localization August 25th
Terra’s CEO, Marina Ilari, and Project Manager Lucio Alcaide, have prepared a special Webinar for The American Translators’ Association (ATA) this Wednesday
“Transcreation in Video Game Localization”. August 25 / 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Learn how to adapt creative content when localizing video games.
In video game localization, the player is the priority. Therefore, translators often modify or even remove components that interfere with the player’s experience. These linguistic and non-linguistic adaptations sometimes require us to transcreate content entirely!
What will you learn?
- The difference between translation, localization, and transcreation
- The evolution of video game localization
- Where transcreation might be needed in video games
- Examples of transcreation in a variety of video game content
- Strategies to use when working on projects that require transcreation
Registration Closes: August 25, 10:00 am EDT
Link to Sign up: